Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MailStore Home® 12

MailStore Home enables you to backup all your email messages from multiple applications and online accounts into one secure and persistent archive. Lightning-fast search, one-click backup, powerful export (restore) - all information from your email is at your fingertips anytime. Never lose important email again!

MailStore Home does not back up account settings or contacts, although you could recover the latter from the email messages.

• Microsoft Outlook 
  • Outlook Express, Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail
  • Microsoft Exchange Server
  • Mozilla Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
  • POP3 and IMAP (including webmail services such as Gmail and Yahoo)
  • .eml and other files

I've used MailStore Home for several years. It comes as close to being a snap to set up as you're going to get. The user interface could be better-organized, but it's not hard to use.

Reading emails in the backup archive is as quick and easy or easier as reading them in a regular email client. You can reply to messages directly from MailStore. The quick search utility lets you find that one message you're looking for out of all the possible accounts it could be in.

You can choose to install a portable version of MailStore Home early in the installation process.

Comments

• Is there any chance that I can use MailStore to back up my Seamonkey emails and restore them to Thunderbird?  I don't see a readme file in the archive, so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks for putting MailStore up here. =)
  • A simple google search "Seamonkey  mailstore"
    and i get this page ;-)

https://help.mailstore.com/en/server/Archiving_Email_from_Outlook,_Thunderbird_and_others
  • edited September 17
    DoubleDD said:
    A simple google search "Seamonkey  mailstore"
    and i get this page ;-)

https://help.mailstore.com/en/server/Archiving_Email_from_Outlook,_Thunderbird_and_others

Thanks for this.  It doesn't seem to do what I'm looking for, and I'm a little put off by the line indicating that my email archive would be stored on MailStore's servers.  I suppose big organizations would find this acceptable as an off-site backup strategy, but I'm just trying to move my Seamonkey mail over to Thunderbird, as Seamonkey is no longer well supported and there are occasional rumors that Mozilla will be ending it altogether. And I have several years of email to move over.
  • DoubleDD said:
    and i get this page ;-)

and I'm a little put off by the line indicating that my email archive would be stored on MailStore's servers.
    Where did you read that.

i use the portable version and with out any problems and it stay's on your own device.
  • DoubleDD said:
    DoubleDD said:
    and i get this page ;-)

and I'm a little put off by the line indicating that my email archive would be stored on MailStore's servers.
    Where did you read that.

i use the portable version and with out any problems and it stay's on your own device.

Second paragraph: "Once the archiving task is set up, it can be started manually by the user or executed automatically according to a schedule any number of times. During this process, the emails are transferred by the MailStore Client of the user to the central MailStore Server for archiving."

If they'd indicated that the archive was encrypted so that it couldn't be read by anyone else, including MailStore, I'd feel safer.  Call me paranoid, but having my email on a computer attached to the internet (my desktop) is bad enough; having it sitting on TWO computers that are attached to the internet is something I'd avoid.

In any event, it's not clear that MailStore can do what I want: move my email from Seamonkey to Thunderbird.  This is something that Mozilla should have baked into the code as they allow importing mail from other email clients into Thunderbird.  Same sort of thing with Firefox; it can (sort of) import bookmarks but it doesn't import the bookmarks and their passwords from Seamonkey directly.  Does Mozilla hate its own children? :o