Latest Addition ==> Bob.Omb's Modified Win10PEx64 v4.7 - RS5

Author Topic: 32-Bit Version - PLEASE!!!  (Read 1229 times)

pv

• View Profile
32-Bit Version - PLEASE!!!
« on: September 07, 2018, 02:30:38 pm »
Great utilities suite, but how about a 32-bit version?  ...lots of x86 processors out there!!!

Bob.Omb

• PE Baker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 32-Bit Version - PLEASE!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 03:36:38 pm »
Unfortunately I will not be working on a x86 version.  Almost all the tools on the current build are x64 and it would be a monumental task to start from scratch, not to mention some of the tools do not have 32bit versions....

Computer manufacturers have not put x86 chips in computers since 2006'ish (12+yrs)

If the machine is older than 12yrs I suggest using the new Hirens WinPEx86 version (if they make one) or Gandalf's x86 WinPE builds...

Sorry for the inconvenience but it is a lot of work that I do not have time for and would only benefit a very few people...

You can use this build to boot on a machine that is running x86 Windows because even though people still use x86 windows they are installing it on machines that have x64 processors - Core2Duo and higher processors are all x64 (Beggining 2006)

pv

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 04:54:06 pm »
Sadly, I understand.

Bob.Omb

• PE Baker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 05:55:00 pm »
Gandalf's PE x86 is still a good choice.  I could help teach you how to add apps to it if you'd like.  Just respond in this thread..   ;)

hdog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 02:33:51 pm »
I would like to know how to add apps to PE disks.  Thanks.

Bob.Omb

• PE Baker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 07:04:01 pm »
One of the easiest ways to add apps to PE is to boot into the PE and install the app.  If it runs then all you need to do is capture the changes made the the system.  I like to use RegShot2 to do this.  You can take a snapshot before the install, and after the install, it creates a RegRedo.reg file that you can prune irrelevant keys out of and either run at boot time or integrate into PE with winbuilder.  Also you can set it to check which files changed in the system drive to make sure you dont miss any, and reimport them into the wim or by putting them into a plugin and into winbuilder.  If you would like to learn to create your own entire builds a great place to do so is @ theoven.org - be sure to read and follow their rules if you do..

hdog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 02:28:47 pm »
Thanks.  I am registered at TheOven and busy reading there as well.
BTW, I don't seem to find any download links for Gandalf over at windowsmatters.
Am I not looking in the correct place?

Bob.Omb

• PE Baker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 07:17:07 am by Bob.Omb »

hdog

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 11:14:33 am »
Yes, these point to the gandalf pages, but I don't find any download links.  I had registered at windowsmatters and show as logged in.  Someone had posted he didn't find a download link.  Sorry to be a bother.

DarthBubba

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2018, 12:49:19 pm »
Yes, these point to the gandalf pages, but I don't find any download links.  I had registered at windowsmatters and show as logged in.  Someone had posted he didn't find a download link.  Sorry to be a bother.

It appears to be available in a two-part download at the below URLs.  You'll have to click through a few things and type in some numbers to verify your organic existence, but that's the only place I could find it - or them, now.  It downloads as two .RAR files.

http://suprafiles.net/qfp7otk88b39
http://suprafiles.net/escn7xjw82nf

Best of luck,

-DB

hdog

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2018, 06:31:32 am »
Got it!  Thanks a lot.  Any idea what is happening?  Does Gandalf need some donations to keep going?

DarthBubba

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2018, 01:26:57 pm »
Got it!  Thanks a lot.  Any idea what is happening?  Does Gandalf need some donations to keep going?

No idea - I'd visit his site and ask him but he hasn't replied to messages in some time.  Perhaps he's devoting more time to work, family, and so forth.  My observation is that most of the folks creating these rescue PE .ISOs are doing it in their spare time and are sharing the fruit of their creative process with us.

In any event the previous links I posted were for Gandalf's x64 WinPE, below is the link for his x86 (32bit) version, dated 03/05/2018.  It's not the latest version, but it's all I can find.

http://suprafiles.net/wsvmk6s2znga

Best of luck!

Thanks to Bob.Omb for his work!

-DB
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 08:30:06 pm by DarthBubba »

hdog

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2018, 02:05:56 pm »
Thanks again.
I usually donate to tools I use to help out.
Just would like to know the situation.

Bob.Omb

• PE Baker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2018, 09:27:31 pm »
If you are going to give back to anyone when it comes to PE builds just donate to the developers of the tools you use or purchase programs from them, do not donate to the build creators. (Maybe to ChrisR, for making it possible for us all to build easily with the Win10PESE project but builders are another story. The day we start taking payment is the day we have lost the spirit of what we are doing.) We are only putting existing pieces together for the greater good.. And to show what can and should already be achieved. We shouldn't have to do this. Our time is valuable but none of us are in this for money. No release charges for their work.

The value of our time spent comes in building some of the most useful boot ISO's ever created.  8)

Enjoy!

hdog

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2018, 01:02:53 pm »
I certainly try to make my appreciation known for any tool that gets built.
I was happy to find yours Bob.  But the building and hosting of a forum, etc. and
download archives does cost something and I am happy to contribute to that.
Just to offset the cost and not to contribute to a profit.

And was looking for the Gandalf Win7 7/24/18 recent build.  All download sites I find
seem to not work or be dangerous.

Any help appreciated.