Latest Addition ==> Bob.Omb's Modified Win10PEx64 v4.4 - RS5

Author Topic: Cannot connect to CIM server. The specified service does not exist as an install  (Read 246 times)

MajikUF

• View Profile
I keep getting an error when trying to drag the iso onto the usb tool.

Code: [Select]
Dismount-DiskImage : Cannot connect to CIM server. The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
At line:1 char:1
+ Dismount-DiskImage "C:\usbtool_v5_standalone\Bob.Ombs.Modified.W ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ResourceUnavailable: (MSFT_DiskImage:String) [Dismount-DiskImage], CimJobException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CimJob_BrokenCimSession,Dismount-DiskImage

Some quick googling didn't provide me with too many clues but the command window does say "Administrator: Bob's..." so it should have enough access.  I did open the iso with 7z and take a look and tested the archive without issue.

Any ideas?  Perhaps I need to activate/add something in my Windows 10 installation that might not be there by default?

Thanks
Maj

Bob.Omb

• PE Baker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I dont know why your getting that error its trying to mount the ISO with a powershell command.  Try double clicking the ISO to mount it manually with explorer the running the tool... Even if the mounting process errors it should still find the ISO..  LMK

MajikUF

• View Profile
I couldn't get it to work for anything.  I suspect Comodo wasn't letting the exe get properly extracted so it could run one of the three exe files in it so I ran it on another computer that I have that's a "sneaker net" machine with no connections to the internet and no AV software and it ran. 

Bob.Omb

• PE Baker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Yea AV companies are starting to flag it but it is safe to use...  If you have any issues with it disable your AV then try again...

Glad it worked out  ;)

I will look into updating the tool to prevent these issues soon..