Latest Addition ==> Bob.Omb's Modified Win10PEx64 v4.4 - RS5

Author Topic: Pretty funny...  (Read 812 times)

Velox

• View Profile
Pretty funny...
« on: October 23, 2018, 09:13:44 am »
... that the hardest thing about getting a Windows PE seems to be actually downloading the damn thing.

Tried for over an hour to find a valid link for Gandalfs PE. Gave up and tried this one.

Tried to download from AIOBoot - the version they host seems to be corrupted. Took me ages to find this site and work out I need to register. Got insufficient permissions downloading it in Chrome, IE won't dload it at all and wants me to install the Mega desktop app and now trying Mozilla via a customers VPN as i've apparently used all my available free Mega bandwidth trying to download the thing. 5th attempt I think!

Contemplating just telling this customer just to rebuild his damn computer rather than continue trying to reset his lost password lol

DarthBubba

• View Profile
Re: Pretty funny...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 10:30:39 am »
... that the hardest thing about getting a Windows PE seems to be actually downloading the damn thing.

Tried for over an hour to find a valid link for Gandalfs PE. Gave up and tried this one.

<deletia>

Contemplating just telling this customer just to rebuild his damn computer rather than continue trying to reset his lost password lol

There are literally a half-dozen or more bootable images that contain password reset programs and little else.  Some are as small as 50MB.  I know this because several are sitting in my "Bootable Repair Disks" directory.  Now, that's still too big to file-attach for you, but they are out there.  I'd post a link but I don't want to test the patience of our gracious hosts.

-DB